The Manor House
Leixlip Manor Hotel dates back to the late 1700’s and our latest refurbishment reflects the history of this beautiful building. Guests can enjoy the comfort and style of days gone by when they stay at Leixlip Manor Hotel.
Leixlip Manor Hotel was one of three viewing points of Castletown House the palatial home of the Conolly Family, with the World Heritage listed Wonderful Barn and Conolly’s Folly being the other two.
The house that stood before the current Manor House was taller and was tenanted by the Earl of Lanesborough, but in 1792 occupied by David La Touche, of the Huguenot banking family. It shortly thereafter burned to the ground and in around 1798 a new house, also called St Catherine’s Park, was built in the same townland to the design of Francis Johnston; it is now Leixlip Manor Hotel & Gardens.
The Village of Leixlip is full of buildings of note including Leixlip Castle and Leixlip itself was also home to Arthur Guinness’s first brewery .
We are working on learning more about the history of our beautiful hotel, if you can add to our story do get in contact: firstname.lastname@example.org